- Grape: Nero di Troia, Morellone
- Denomination: Castel del Monte DOP
- Soil: Calcareous-clayey Soil.
- Wine-growing Area: Vineyards located in the Alta Murgia area at an altitude of 250/350 metres above sea-level, in the territory of Canosa di Puglia.
- Cultivation system: “Tendone” with about 4.100 plants per hectar. The production is about 120 ql/hectar.
- Vinification: The grapes are harvested by hand in small crates with careful selection of the grapes, de-stemming and further selection on the sorting table. The fermentation starts spontaneously as a result of the native yeasts. Lengthy maceration of the skins with frequent “remontage” (pumping must over the cap of grape skins) and temperature controlled at 26°C. Gentle crushing of the pomace and ageing in steel containers.
- Organoleptic examination: Colour: ruby red with subtle hints of violet.Bouquet: full and fragrant bouquet delicately sprinkled with the perfume of forest fruit.Taste: rounded and well structured taste; smoothly dry, with well blended strong tannin.
- Pairings: It pairs with full-flavoured, rich dishes such red meat, game and aged cheeses.
10 in stock