- Grape: Nero di Troia
- Denomination: Castel del Monte Rosato DOP
- Soil: Calcareous-clayey Soil.
- Wine-growing Area: Vineyards located in the Alta Murgia area at an altitude of 250/350 metres above sea-level, in the territory of Canosa di Puglia.
- Cultivation system: “Tendone” with about 4.100 plants per hectar. The production is about 120 ql/hectar.
- Vinification: The grapes are harvested by hand in small crates with careful selection of grapes and brief maceration of the skins. This is followed by gentle crushing and subsequent cold clarification of the must; the fermentation starts spontaneously as a result of the native yeasts. The must is fermented simultaneously in various containers: terracotta amphoras and concrete and steel tanks, at a temperature of 16-18°C for 15 days. The ageing takes place in the same containers for 7 months.
- Organoleptic examination: Colour: coral pink. The “not quite ripe” grapes contained in the Troia variety contribute considerably to the freshness of the taste and emphasize the purplish shades of colour while enhancing the floral and fruity fragrances.Bouquet: fragrance of wild strawberries and pomegranate.Taste: smooth, warm, well-balanced and slightly sparkling
- Pairings: To be enjoyed as an aperitif or paired with mediterranean dishes of food, light pastas with vegetable light sauces.