- Grape: Primitivo
- Denomination: Primitivo di Gioia del Colle DOC
- Wine-growing Area: The Primitivo comes from our organic vineyard in the countryside of Gioia del Colle, in the Primitivo DOC area at 400 m above sea level, with a mixed calcareous and particularly rocky soil.
- Production: After harvesting by hand and cooling, the grapes are vinified in thermal-conditioned steel tanks; the maceration, carried out at a temperature not exceeding 26°C, takes place over a period of 8-10 days. The malolactic fermentation is completed by the beginning of winter. After this, the wine is further aged in steel for a period of about 3 months, and after bottling it remains in the bottle for 2 months before being released for sale.
- Description: Full bodied. The nose reveals a rich perfume of fruity hints as plum and sour black cherries and also spices as ginger and vanilla. In the mouth it is warm, full and velvety.
- Pairings: Pasta with rich meat sauces, excellent with red meat and in particular lamb. An ideal pairing for moderately aged as well as intense ripe cheeses.
10 in stock