- Grape: Nero di Troia
- Denomination: Castel del Monte Rosso DOP
- Soil: Calcareous-clayey Soil.
- Wine-growing Area: Vineyards located in the Alta Murgia area at an altitude of 250 metres above sea-level, in the territory of Canosa di Puglia.
- Cultivation system: “Cordone speronato” with about 4.100 plants per hectar. The production is about 90 ql/hectar.
- Vinification: The grapes, which come from the first vineyard planted with Nero di Troia, are harvested by hand in small crates with careful selection of grapes, de-stemming and further selection on the sorting table.
The fermentation in steel tanks starts spontaneously as a result of the native yeasts.
Long maceration of the skins with frequent “remontage” (pumping must over the cap of grape skins) and temperature controlled at 26°C. Gentle crushing of the pomace and ageing in barrels of 700 and 2500 litres with malolactic fermentation.
- Organoleptic examination: Colour: intense ruby red with subtle hints of orange.Bouquet: full and fragrant bouquet evoking withered fruits, spices and liquorice.Taste: dry, well balanced taste, persistent.
- Pairings: It pairs impressively with roasted meat and aged cheses.